Please see below the rental criteria required to be a resident of one of Edge Management’s properties.
Here at Edge Management, our goal is to enrich our resident’s living environment with high quality property management. We oversee properties as if we were living there ourselves. If you meet the following criteria, you can rest assured your neighbors were also screened with equal care. Please review the information closely and, if you feel you meet the criteria, we would love for you to apply. Edge Management supports Equal Housing Opportunity. We do not grant any preference, place any limitation, or discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, physical or mental disability, national origin, familial status, marital status, source of income, age, or sexual orientation. Edge Management does not discriminate on the basis of physical or mental disability in the admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its housing, programs or activities. We comply with the requirements of the Fair Housing Act, including requests for accommodation under Section 504 of that Act.
Please review before you begin:
- Each adult (18 years of age or older) must complete a separate application. The primary applicant must be at least 18 years of age or older or must have the capacity to enter a legally binding contract.
- All applications must be submitted with a current and valid government-issued identification in addition to a paycheck stub from the applicant’s most recent employment. All applicants must also provide a social security number. We will pull a credit report for each applicant using this information.
- Please note, incomplete applications will not be processed. Unfortunately, we cannot hold units while you complete the application. The first completed and approved application will have priority on the apartment. If the application submitted is not complete, or the required documents are not submitted, the application will not be processed and will be returned to you.
- There will be a $45.00 application fee for each adult who submits an application. This is a fee to screen residents and is non-refundable except as may be required by applicable law. If an applicant does not pay the application fee, they may be denied tenancy.
- Each adult applicant must qualify individually. Unfavorable information for any individual applicant may result in denial of the total application.
- Each applicant will be asked for a rental history. The entire rental history must be valid and verifiable. At least two years of rental history is required (for each applicant). A cosigner and/or increased security deposit may be required if a rental history is less than 24 months. References must be provided for each applicant. Please provide us with the details necessary to allow us to contact past landlords and references. We reserve the right to deny your application if, after making a good faith effort, we are unable to verify your rental history.
- Applicant income and employment information must be provided and be verifiable. Applicant must have income equal to at least three (3) times the rental amount. If the income is less than this amount a cosigner and/or an increased security deposit may be required. Acceptable documentation of employment may include recent pay stubs, recent tax returns, W2 statements, etc. Applicant must show one year of employment history. Less than one year of employment history may result in a requirement of a cosigner and/or an increased security deposit. Applicants with liquid assets of over $15,000 may have income requirements waived, but must prepay six months’ rent prior to move in and will receive no rent concessions
- All applicants must carry rental insurance with the minimum coverage of $100,000.00.
- The minimum security deposit is $600, the maximum security deposit is two times the monthly rent.
Grounds for an application to be denied include but are not limited to:
- Falsification of information on a rental application.
- A prior eviction proceeding that resulted in a general judgment for the landlord within the last five years or an ongoing eviction proceeding that has not yet resulted in a dismissal or general judgment.
- A debt to a current or previous landlord for unpaid rent or damage charges.
- An open bankruptcy case, or bankruptcy within the last year.
- Income less than three (3) times the monthly rent.
- Negative information provided by a consumer credit reporting agency or inability to verify information regarding credit history.
- Outstanding balance owed to any utility company.
- Any documented noise or disturbance, damage, or other complaints.
- Any negative reference received.
- Inability to verify rental history.
- Inability to verify income.
For criminal convictions, please see below.
Landlord will conduct a search of public records to determine if an applicant has been charged with or convicted of a crime prior to submitting the application, the results of which can be grounds for denial of a rental application. Landlord will consider criminal conviction and charging history if the conviction or pending charge is for conduct that is:
- A drug-related crime;
- A person crime;
- A sex offense;
- A crime involving financial fraud, including identity theft and forgery; or
- Any other crime if the conduct for which the applicant was convicted or charged is of a nature that would adversely affect: (a) property of the landlord or a tenant; or (b) the health, safety or right to peaceful enjoyment of the premises of residents, the landlord, or the landlord’s agent.
Applicant or any household member may not be currently engaging in illegal drug use.
If your application is denied, you may reapply again one year from the date the application was denied, but will still be subject to the criteria described herein.
Only those who meet Edge Management’s occupancy standards, as described herein, will be approved. A maximum of two people per bedroom are allowed in our apartments. Please allow 24 to 72 business hours to process any completed applications. Based on screening results, an additional security deposit may be required. No concessions will be available to applicants if an additional security deposit is required. If your application is approved and you decide not to rent the unit you forfeit the application fee. All other move in charges will be required at lease signing. Applications will be held for two years and will not be returned to applicant once processed. All units and premises are non-smoking. Pets are allowed only with prior approval. Behavior and demeanor of applicants will be considered during processing.
If your application has been denied based upon information received about you on your credit report, you will be given the contact information for the credit reporting agency that issued the report that the denial was based on. You may contact the credit reporting agency and ask that they correct any incorrect information by filing a dispute. If you ask the credit reporting agency to submit a corrected report to Edge Management, upon receipt of the corrected report we will re-evaluate your application for the next available apartment.
If your application has been denied based on information unrelated to your credit and you feel you qualify as a resident under the criteria stated above, you should submit a written request to Edge Management for a second review of your application, identifying the reasons you believe your application should be approved, and providing any documentation pertinent to the second review. Within seven (7) working days of receipt, your application will be reviewed for a second time, and you will be notified of the outcome in writing.
Applicant acknowledges that all information received by Edge Management, by applicant and/or credit agencies may be disclosed to the owner/landlord of the subject property.