Please see below the rental criteria required to be a resident of one of Edge Management’s properties.
Here at Edge Management, our goal is to enrich our residents’ living environment with high quality property management. We oversee properties as if we were living there ourselves. If you meet the following criteria, you can rest assured your neighbors were also screened with equal care. Please review the information closely and if you feel you meet the criteria, we would love for you to apply.
Please review before you begin:
- Each adult (18 years of age or older) must complete a separate application. The primary applicant must be at least 18 years or older or must be able to enter a legally binding contract.
- All applications must be submitted with a government issued identification in addition to a paycheck stub for the most recent employment. All applicants must provide a social security number. All government issued identification needs to be usable for the Landlord to be able to screen for credit and criminal history.
- Please note, incomplete applications will not be processed. Unfortunately, we cannot hold units. The first completed and approved application will have priority on the apartment. If the application submitted is not completed, or the required documents not submitted, the application will be returned to you and will not be processed.
- There will be a $45.00 application fee for each adult who applies. This is a fee to screen residents and is non-refundable. If an applicant does not pay the application fee, they may be denied tenancy. Disapproving information for any applicant may result in denial of all applicants for the household.
- Each applicant will be asked for rental history. All rental history must be valid and verifiable. At least two years of rental history is required (for each applicant). A cosigner and/or increased security deposit may be requested if rental history is less than 24 months. References must be provided for each applicant. Please provide us with the details necessary to allow us to contact past landlords. We reserve the right to deny your application if, after making a good faith effort, we are unable to verify your rental history.
- Applicant income and employment must be provided and verifiable. Applicant must have income equal to at least two and one half (2.5) times the rental amount. If the income is less than this amount a cosigner and/or an increased security deposit may be requested. Acceptable documentation may include recent paystubs, recent tax returns, W2 statements, etc. Applicant must show one year of employment history. Less than one year of employment history may result in a requirement of a cosigners and/or an increased security deposit. Applicants with liquid assets of over $15,000 may have income requirements waived, but must prepay six months’ rent in advance prior to move in. The applicant will not receive any rent concessions.
- All applicants must carry rental insurance with the minimum coverage of $100,000.00.
- The minimum security deposit is $600, the maximum security deposit is two times the monthly rent.
Grounds for an application to be denied include but are not limited to:
- Falsification of information on a rental application.
- A previous eviction.
- Existing landlord debt.
- Open bankruptcy, or bankruptcy within the last year.
- Income less than two and one half (2.5) times the monthly rent.
- Unfavorable information on credit report.
- Outstanding balance owed to any utility company.
- Any unpaid collection or unlawful detainer.
- Any documented noise or disturbance, damage, or other complaints will be a cause for denial of your application.
- Any negative reference received.
- Unable to verify rental history.
- Unable to verify income.
For criminal convictions, please see below.
Please make sure the name and date of birth match the conviction. Please verify any criminal convictions with the date of disposition, release or parole within the last eight years. Landlord will do a search of public records to determine if an applicant has been convicted, or pleased guilty or no contest, to a crime prior to the application, all of which can be grounds for a denial of a rental application. Regardless of when the offence took place, the following can be considered grounds for denial:
- Class A, B or C Felony. Any felony conviction that is evident from any court record searches and has deferred adjudication for a felony. Applications will be denied if evidence exists of a misdemeanor for a crime against a person, property, or drug-related convictions. Applications will be denied if evidence exists of a misdemeanor for a crime against a person, property, or drug-related convictions.
- Any felony involving serious injury, death, extensive property damage or drug related offenses (sale, manufacturing, delivery or possession with intent to sell); or
- Any other felony or any misdemeanor involving: arson, assault, intimidation, drug related offenses (sale, manufacturing, delivery, or possession with intent to sell) or weapons charges; or
- Any misdemeanor involving theft, dishonesty, prostitution, obscenity and related violations (ORS 167.060 through 167.100); or
- Any other criminal activity that would threaten the health or safety of the landlord, manager, or any employee, contractor, subcontractor or resident who is involved in the housing operations.
Applicant or any household/family member may not be currently engaging in illegal drug use.
If your application is denied, you may reapply after one year from the date the application was denied, but are still subject to the mentioned criteria.
Any recorded or unrecorded FED, Collections, or judgments shall result in denial of application. Only those who meet Edge Management’s occupancy standards will be considered. A maximum of two people per bedroom are allowed in our apartments. Please allow 24 to 72 business hours to process any completed applications. Based on screening results an additional deposit may be required. No concessions will be available to applicant(s) if an additional deposit is required. If approved and you decide not to rent the unit you must forfeit all application fees. All other move in charges will be required at lease signing. Applications will be held for two years and will not be returned to applicant once processed. All units and premises are non-smoking. Pets are allowed with prior approval. False information is grounds for denial.
If your application has been denied and you feel you qualify as a resident under the criteria stated above, you should submit a written request for review of your application, the reasons you believe your application should be approved and provide any relevant documentation pertinent to the application review. Within 7 working days of receipt, your application will be reviewed, and you will be notified of the outcome in writing.
Applicant acknowledges that all information received by Edge Management, by applicant and/or credit agencies may be disclosed to the owner/landlord of the subject property. Behavior and demeanor of applicants will be considered during processing.
As of February 2018.